Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Final Countdown...

So, here it is... the final countdown before I leave for Estonia... in exactly one week, I will be in the air, on my way to the big Eesti to start my adventure...  Since coming home to Virginia, I have: opened a bank account for my travels, gone downtown with my sister, worked at a camp for kids whose parents are incarcerated, gone to the spa, hung out with some friends, and tomorrow, we're leaving to go away till Tuesday to go on a quick family vacation, since we haven't been able to do much as a family this whole summer since I chose to stay in Ohio.  The final week countdown has vacation, packing, dr's appointments, and more packing in it, and hopefully making some time to see a few friends before I leave.

I've started laying out things to go with me too, including my converter, clothes, some school supplies, and some other things... I'm getting excited, but nervous.

Can't wait to get there, but I wish my bags would pack themselves, that's for sure!

More soon.

Maintain,
Virginia

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and what lies ahead! This is a once in a life time opportunity and I am sure you will make the most of it. I am looking forward to reading about your time in Estonia and all of your classroom adventures. Here is some advice that I have given to my student teachers ~ take a deep breath ~ everything works out ~ and it is not the end of the world if it does not turn out the way you wanted it to ~ we have all been there (even if someone tells you they haven't ~ they are lying!). Enjoy! You will be fantastic!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete