Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Days 49-52: The 48 Hour Flu Bug is just that.

Soooo... I did get verrrry sick this weekend, which was really unfortunate and uncomfortable, but thankfully happened over a weekend, so I didn't waste much school time mending.

Saturday, I went to see Eat, Pray, Love (I guess that's not underlined if it's the movie, not the book, hm?  Whatever, I'm leaving it.) with one of the other teachers, and I started feeling about halfway through like I was really chilly, and kind of like I was getting a fever.  In my infinite wisdom after the show, I went to look for a book, and then I was looking for another shop I wanted to look into, when I stumbled into TJ Maxx of Estonia, and bought a winter coat!!  It's a nice walker length wool coat, that I bought for half price, which was nice also.

Anyway, after the coat was purchased, I wanted to stay out longer, but knew the signs of impending illness well enough to go home, so I did... and I ended up being essentially in bed until yesterday in the afternoon. My temperature went up and down, between 99.5 and 101, for two days, and I was so uncomfortable, because I had this terrible aching in my body, especially my sides.  But, literally the same time 2 days later, I felt my last fever break and I felt so much better.  It was unbelievable.

School today was pretty good too... we had a teacher appreciation breakfast, and I had a pretty good day of teaching overall.  Feeling better made today good overall too.  It also feels really good to have most of my travel plans nailed down too... Laura and I got lots of travel plans made, and it was quite therapeutic :)

My parents are coming soon!  I'm so excited.

More soon.
Maintain,
Virginia

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you are feeling better VA. Enjoy your parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something to do....... Who would have thought ........ comedy in Estonia......Oct 13


    http://comedyestonia.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/901/

    ReplyDelete