Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 19: Directing the Director

So a quick update: 

We had a good day today... had 1st graders who were wonderful for the most part, and we went on a Listening Walk with them to hear what sounds we could hear in and around the school.  They liked the songs I sang with them, and they actually all did what they were supposed to do!  Hooray!  Secondly, I led the choir today, almost single-handedly and we sang a song called Say Hello Wherever you Go, where we had all the nationalities of the 32 students represented.  It was good, and they all enjoyed that too, because they all got to be included, which was good, since my three non-speaker 3rd graders were in there too.  They sang well, and they participated and it was very good, overall.  Karolina and I also got a lot of stuff done, and we're ready for Back to School night, and for just about everything this week, which is so exciting (even though we'll still be at school tomorrow night till like 8:30).  We ended our day by leading the adult handbell choir, which was AWESOME, and we had so so SO many people, and it was totally great.  It was funny at the end, because Karolina played the piano, so I directed, and then Don, the director, afterward said, "I don't know how I feel about being directed by the student teacher..." Hahaha.  A good end to a good day.

Karolina and I went and looked around at Viru Keskus again today, and she showed me this super secret (pause...not, but I didn't know it was there) underground bus station... I walked through the doors and literally felt like I'd walked onto Platform 9 3/4's because it was a different WORLD.  Haha.  Quite amusing.  In other news, I bought some yarn today at a super cool yarn shop.  I am content.

I'm going on a sweet trip with some of the teachers in a couple of weeks too, that I'm very excited about... we're going to an Autumn/Fall festival thing in a village kind of far from here, and I'm stoked!  Woo!  More immediately, we're going to see the original first Star Wars at the Katusekino on Friday!  And we have a big teacher party on Saturday night!  Yay!

I'm loving it here... it's really great.  I've started reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo too, which is interesting, because it's set around this area and it talks about Tallinn.  I'll keep you posted on how I feel about it :)   

Maintain,
Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment